cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inactive approval and reject buttons on shopping cart approval screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are doing some custom enhancement when the aprover rejects a SC, it has to pop up a window with the reasons for rejection and the respective rejection codes. We have maintained a Z table in EBP backend and created a Transaction code and published this to ITS in BBPAPPROVAL so that this pops up when the SC is rejected.

Now, this triggers workflow to send back mail to the user with the reason for rejection and the description.

This work flow has to capture and we are struck as these values are not passed back to the task when the rejection button is clicked. On click the approval screen doesnt take to another screen, instead it refreshes. We need to know how to capture these custom values?

Also, when we tried to create custom taks inplace of the standard task for a different enhancement, the approval and reject buttons are getting de-activated. Is there anything to be done in HTML template or the workflow task copied has some problem?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

DV Rao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

To get the approve and Reject button you need to define your task in tcode SWL1. In the first Attribute give EC_DECISION and in the second attribute give EC_MAIL.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Smita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DV Rao,

About the approval/reject buttons for your custom task:

do you talk about the green/red buttons directly available in the approval inbox ?

If yes, this has to be activated at the task level, in <i>SPRO --> Supplier Relationship Management --> SRM Server --> Cross-Application Basic Settings --> SAP Business Workflow --> Define Dynamic Columns for Integrated Inbox</i>.

Here you have to set value EC_DECISION for your task TS9000XXXX.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are doing some custom enhancement when the aprover rejects a SC, it has to pop up a window with the reasons for rejection and the respective rejection codes. We have maintained a Z table in EBP backend and created a Transaction code and published this to ITS in BBPAPPROVAL so that this pops up when the SC is rejected.

Now, this triggers workflow to send back mail to the user with the reason for rejection and the description.

This work flow has to capture and we are struck as these values are not passed back to the task when the rejection button is clicked. On click the approval screen doesnt take to another screen, instead it refreshes. We need to know how to capture these custom values?

Also, when we tried to create custom taks inplace of the standard task for a different enhancement, the approval and reject buttons are getting de-activated. Is there anything to be done in HTML template or the workflow task copied has some problem?

Hi Christophe.

Thanks for the tip. But, there was another part in the question aswell. To explain:

We have created a Z table with Reasons for rejection with the code.

We created a module pool for this table as a web enabled one.

published to the ITS.

added in the BBP approval service.

made some corrections in the html code of the manager's inbox so that on click of reject button pops up the created Z t-code as a screen.

once we select any rejection code, on submit, the page is refreshing and obviously the workitem gets deleted from the inbox. we dont have any chance to capture the rejection code with the SC no or any key field.

As this being refreshed, this invokes a workflow with a standard task 10008126 and should send a mail to the user with this reason for rejection. We dont know how to capture this field as the page refreshes and not updating any structure or database tables.

Can you provide any hints. Full marks assured for your great help.

Thanks and best Regards,

DV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DV,

your custom solution seams quite complex.

I would not have done it like this.

I would have changed the SC approval screen (used when approving/rejecting from SC details, not directly from approval inbox), by adding a custom field for your rejection code (stored as a header CUF ?). Then the SC would be updated by the "standard" SC update.

In your case, the problem is that BBPAPPROVAL service is not like other ones. Screen refresh is mainly done by javascript functions, and not by usual dynpro PBO/PAI sequences (from transaction BBPBWSP).

So it will be difficult to catch some additional data direclty from approval inbox.

Sorry, but I am afraid that I can not help you further on this point...

Rgds

Christophe