cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The query cannot be released for OLE DB for OLAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a SAP BI query by query designer,which includes a replacement path variable.Query is working totaly fine.

Now i want to use this query in SAP BO universe, so i have checked the query property Release for OLE DB for OLAP in Advance preoperty of query which allow external use of query.

But after this when i try to run the query its showing error messages-

The query cannot be released for OLE DB for OLAP

Query ZBO_OVERDUE_CUST could not be opened.

>> Row: 37 Inc: CONSTRUCTOR Prog: CL_RSR_OLAP_VAR

Error when generating dataProvider

If i remmove it,my query will work fine.But problem is here,i have to use both thing.

I want repleasement path in query,and because i have to use query in Universe,so i have so allow external use of query.

What should i do,how can i get my desire result.

Thanks,

Piyush

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Or try

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2139275

A S

Correct Answer by A S  on Feb 24, 2012 4:25 PM

Hi,

There is one more property you need to check.

Go to RSRT in BW, enter query name and check properties of the query.

Second propery " Req.status"  is probably set to "7". Make sure this is 0 or 1. You can overwrite here Infoprovider options.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it may be a limitation due to some of the logic in the BEx query.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/1e/99ea3bd7896f58e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Release for OLE DB for OLAP

External reporting tools that communicate using the OLE DB for OLAP interface use queries as data sources. If you want to release this query as a data source for external Reporting tools, select Allow External Access to this Query.

Note: Queries containing formulas with the operators %RT, %CT, %GT, SUMRT, SUMCT, SUMGT, and LEAF cannot be released for OLE DB for OLAP. These operators are dependent on how the list is displayed in the BEx Analyzer and the formulas return unexpected values when using OLE DB for OLAP or MDX. You may be able to obtain the required result by selecting constants. For more information, see Selecting Constants.

For more information about using formula operators, see Defining Formulas.

For more information about OLE DB for OLAP, see Mapping Metadata.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Piyush,

Can you please let us know the procedure followed by you to resolve the issue?

It will be of great help.

Regards,

Adhvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Ideas anybody?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Piyush:

Did you get to resolve this issue? I am also trying to share my BEx Query with BusinessObjects Universe, and facing the same error message when checking "Allow External Access..."

Thank you!

Brian