cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where does the automatic install the IntroscopeAgent.profile?

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I've used Solution Manager 7 ehp1 on an AIX 5.3 system to install the Wily Introscope agent 8.0.2 to a satelite system.

The installation guide states "The Agent configuration settings are found by default in the file

/usr/sap/ccms/wily/IntroscopeAgent.profile

This directory path does not exist on my system. I ran a "find" command in AIX to search for InstoscopeAgent.profile

The search returned the following four files:

1.) /opt/sap_logs/SMD/J98/SMDAgent/applications/com.sap.smd.agent.application.wily4java_20090217142225/smd.config/WilyResources/ISAGENT.8.0.2.0-2009-02-17/IntroscopeAgent.profile

2.) /opt/sap_logs/SMD/J98/SMDAgent/applications.config/com.sap.smd.agent.application.wily4java/WilyResources/ISAGENT.8.0.2.0-2009-02-17/IntroscopeAgent.profile

3.) /opt/sap_logs/SMD/J98/SMDAgent/applications.config/com.sap.smd.agent.application.wily/BytecodeAgent/ISAGENT.8.0.2.0-2009-02-17/wily/IntroscopeAgent.profile

4.) /opt/sap_logs/SMD/J98/SMDAgent/applications.config/com.sap.smd.agent.application.wily/BytecodeAgent/ISAGENT.8.0.2.0-2009-02-17/wily/templates/IntroscopeAgent.profile

The first two files have the "Windows" carriage return "^M" in them - so I'll assume there are not the correct files

The last file has the word template in the path - so that's probably not the one I want.

It would appear as if the third entry is the real IntroscopeAgent.profile that is used by a unix system. Can anyone verify that this is the proper location for the IntroscopeAgent.profile when an install is done through Solution Manager?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Guess no one really knows

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes the Agent is running properly on the satellite system. My question is whether or not the file listed below is the configuration file?

/opt/sap_logs/SMD/J98/SMDAgent/applications.config/com.sap.smd.agent.application.wily/BytecodeAgent/ISAGENT.8.0.2.0-2009-02-17/wily/IntroscopeAgent.profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Timothy,

Please check if agent is running on your system with http://emhost:8081/workstation

let us know the outcome.

Regards

Shailesh Mamidwar