cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can CUP pass the User License Type to SAP? Is it available in CUP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In SAP, users can be assigned a user license type for SAP license reporting (LicenceData tab in SU01).

While CUP can pass user defaults like date, currency, PID, printers, etc, I have not found any area to pass user license types.

Any ideas about how CUP might accomplish this?

Thanks, Dylan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dylan,

You have to set up a custom field for the License and map to "R/3 User Type ID" in the field mapping for provisioning.

Thanks!

Ankur

SAP GRC RIG

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dylan,

Take a look at Note 1301214 - Compliant User Provisioning - Contractual User Type

The attachment CUP_Contractual_User.pdf is exactly what you are looking for.

Regards,

Vit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i'm just wondering why this note has been removed? I configured this and it does work, but these custom fields will show up every time - no matter if you create/change/delete a user. And you have to be aware, that license type 11 requires additional information you do not need to provide if you have e.g. license type 52. Is there a chance to prefill the license (as it done e.g. with User lastname / firstname) or to show these fields only when creating a new user?

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I was wondering if you create a custom field in CUP with the license type in the drop if this will actually assign a user the correct license type or if it will just populate "license data" tab field "Contractual User Type Id" with the text from CUP?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kyle

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Unfortunately custom fields can not be mapped to request types in AccessControl, hence any field you create will be on every request form.

Frank.