cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirming SPAU -->what happens with objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I do not have an actual problem...but I'm just wondering what happens if you do not adjust all "red" or "yellow" or "question mark" objects in spau after applying a support package, and anyhow confirming the spau? Are then all objects switched to original version?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Regards

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you might be knowing modification upgrades are not automatic and yo should pass this to customer who decides which development and modification he wants to retain by SPDD. So using modification assistant only you have a liberty if you want to keep the older version of object or change to original standard sap version.

At some time or th eother while implementing SNOTES or UPGRADE of support pack,or upgrades this step will be repeated and you will ask to do the same. Modification of repository objects performed with SPAU can be included in change request , but adjust the ABAP dictionary during the SAP upgrade to avoid data loss.

Regards,

Chetan.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

peter_dzurov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually during implementation of SP into system (in phase Perform adjustment) we save SPAU list into a file, confirm adjustment and continue. It is possible to do SPAU afterwards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Thank you for your replies.

I already used SPAU several times, I know the functionality. But I just was wondering what happens if you confirm the SPAU - phase (during SP) without performing the spau (means without starting transaction spau --> looking for objects needing modification --> deciding if change to original (means activating the change of the new "standard" object from SP) or use modification).

Are then all objects set automatically to "original" or are the changes not applied?

Hope I expressed my question more clear this time...

Thanks and Regards

Marco