Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create service provider from WSDL

wpogants
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello people,

is there a way in the Netweaver 7.0 EHP1 to create a service provider(not a client proxy) from an external WSDL?

I know how to generate client proxies from an external WSDL or service-providers for an exsiting ABAP-Function-Module but I dont know a procedure to generate a service-provider-interface(function module? and declarations) from an external WSDL.

I have to generate the service provider and the declarations before I can implement the functionality, because the system must implement exactly the given WSDL(except soap:address).

Thanks in advance

Walter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've the same requirement too.

Did you find a way to create the web service from the wsdl without PI or CE?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Fabrizio

0 Kudos

Fabrizio,

Look at SAP Note 1575707. It is only possible from NW 7.02.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This can be done if use Enterprise Service Repositoty (ESR) either in Process Integration or in Composition Environment. The external WSDL can be uploaded and a Service interface can be built in ESR. Then in backend system, you can generate Server proxy for the interface using transaction SE80/SPROXY. This creates Proxy class and methods. In methods, you can attach glue code (SQL statements, Functions etc.). Also, you have to create End Point for the Service using SOAMANAGER,

Thanks,

Venu

wpogants
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Venu,

thanks for your answer. I know that creating the service using a PI-machine is possible. But I did forget to mention, that I need to publish the service without a PI or Composition Environment machine. Is there another way to create and publish the service from an external WSDL?

Thanks in advance

Walter

0 Kudos

Walter,

I've the same requirement. Did you find a way to create the web service from the wsdl without PI or CE?

Thanks

Nuno

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've the same requirement too.

Did you find a way to create the web service from the wsdl without PI or CE?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Fabrizio