cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send an Email Message along with a PO PDF Attachment in Word.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to send an Email to a customer. The subject of the email is the PDF attachment of the Purchase order.

Then in the Body of the email, we need to put a small Mesasge in the Body of the Email: Example

Hello,

Please see attached Purchase Order.

thank you...

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to do this? Best approach?

thanks

Walter Poe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

Were you able to get any solutions to your problem? I am also looking for one

Regds,

Adi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

Sending the PO Forms thru e-mail is standard functionnality in SAP . You only need to make some customizing in transactionn NACE .

Please tell mee if you need more explanation .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you, can you give me more explaination please....

I have seen this config but I am not sure where to go from here...

what do I do next?

thanks

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

In NACE transaction, select Application EF , then select your P.O Message ( standard is NEU ) .

Then in "processing routing" parts check that there is an entry for medium 5 ( external send ) , if not please set it with corresponding print program, from routine and forms to use .

Then in "Mail Title and Text" parts you can define your mail title with variable and your mail body . Please find below a sample for this. To define the mail body just click on the icon for text ( it's like sapscript text ).

Mail Title : "Your P.O &EKKO-EBELN"

Mail Body : "Please find enclosed our P.O &EKKO-EBELN....."

That's all for NACE parts.

After this you have to define thru condition that the medium will be used for each P.O. For this check with functionnal consultant if everything is ok and the same that for medium 1.

Then when you create a P.O, SAP will generate a mail with supplier e-mail adress define in his masterdata . The forms will be converted according to your customizing in transaction SCOT ( node SMTP , Support address type parts) .

Of course you also have to define a job for sending the mail .

Hope this help you

Regards

Bertrand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it possible to do the same with FI documents?

Emails are being sent with FORM attached, but I need to be able to write something in the body.

Thanks,

Erick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erick,

As far as i know it's not possible to use the same solution forFI forms because for FI you don't use "NACE" transaction .

But you can do it by s specific way, that means in the print program write abap code for sending the form thru mail ....

If you need help tell me.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bertrand,

do you know what the Settings for the SMTP is supposed to be if We use NACE.

Can you tell me what they are so I can check ours?

thanks

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Walter,

In SMTP Node you have to set the smtp server and the port SAP will use to send the mail .

Please have a look at oss note 455140 which explain the customizing for this.

What this note don't explain is th e authorization you will need on your smtp server to send the mail , it depends of you security in your network.

Hope this help you.

Regards

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the BCS Class to send the Mail .

Please refer the the Program BCS_EXAMPLE_6 for details.

Thanks.

UmaS.