cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can I submit data to an external java application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I've this requirement and I would appreciate if someone can provide me some guidance.

My requirement is that we are building a webdynpro ABAP application inside our SAP system. This webdynpro application should be able to collect data from the user. When the user submits the data, this data needs to be processed by should an external java application for which we've the URL available.

The data has to be sent to this external Java web application in the form of parameters to that application programatically through post method.

Is there anyway we can code this in our webdynpro ABAP application.

Please help.

Regards,

Sam K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It isn't Web Dynpro ABAP functionality - per say - but you can use the class CL_HTTP_CLIENT for the ABAP server to act as a browser and make HTTP requests to other web servers. This is how Web Services work from ABAP. This class lets you build the request object and post it to an external server. However you might consider if using a full blow Web Service might provide you with a better approach than just posting to an external URL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas for the reply. Have you used this in building an Open Catalog Interface OCI kind of application?

Regards,

Sam K

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I've never built an Open Catalog Interface at all. However I have used this technology/approach for several different types of REST based APIs - very similar to how OCI works. Actually REST can be more complicated than OCI, since I believe OCI only works via URL parameters.