cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the use of time series tab strip in mpos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenerio--- In MPOs i have clicked the tab strip ADJUST TIME SERIES that when i creates First? then When i was creating the CVCs Second time i forgot to click on Adujust time series in mpos.. So what was the problem Occur further???

What is the use of Adjust time series tab strip in MPOs???

help me out sir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dallyanusha,

When you are updating the time series objects, the system

updates the newly created characteristic value combinations

in all planning areas based on the MPOS

If you forgot to click on this, the above said activity will not

occur in system

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

helo sir

thanks for u r answer..

but actually we have two Time series tab strips one is in MPOs and another one is in Create time series for planning area. What is the difference between both??? is both are same purpose or else??

Former Member
0 Kudos

HELOO GURUS

Thanks a lot for u r valuable answers???

My question is what is the difference between the TIME SERIES in POS and Time series in Create Times series for PLANNING AREA?

PLZ HELP ME OUT SIR

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ZoltanMBiro
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you execute Create Time Series Objects for a Planning Area, you actually create time series objects for the given planning version for ALL existing CVCs. This you usually execute at the beginning when setting up your planning scenario.

Of course during usage you have to create new CVCs. As it was explained above by others already, when creating new CVCs you have a checkbox to adjust immediately the time series objects in LiveCache (LCA), that is after generating the new CVCs the relevant time series in LCA are also created. However if you do not set this checkbox, the newly created CVCs will not have time series objects created for them in LCA, thus you are not able to store data for these new combinations and also you may run into different problems during your planning process. So the context menu item (please be more exact with your wording as it is no tab strip!) Adjust Time Series of a selected MPOS in transaction /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN is for creating the time series objects in LCA for the new CVCs and also for deleting time series objects for CVCs that were deleted in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Zoltan.