Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sm30 authorization only for some tables which i can enter in profile su02

britta_funk
Explorer
0 Kudos

hello

i want to create via su02 a profile with wich users can change customizing tables which i want to enter there ( e.g. for tables ztest1, ztest2,..);

but when adding s_tabu_dis i only have the possibilty to add the authorization group (wich i got from TDDAT) ; but this authorization group is also valid for many other tables.

So my question is:

how can i create a profile for only editing some explicit entered tables .

thank you very much

and

best regards

britta

2 REPLIES 2

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> i want to create via su02 a profile

On which version are you?

> how can i create a profile for only editing some explicit entered tables .

By grouing them together in an authorization group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only way with a survival chance will be to dump the SU02 and SM30 approach.

Based on the list of table names, find their assigned groups in TDDAT and the view names for them in DD26S. You will need to make some choices here.

With those view names, select the transactions from TSTCP with the view name in wildcards within the PARAMETERS field.

Then check and maintain SU24 for those transactions with the corresponding authorization groups and the activity with which you want the user to access the table.

Now go to PFCG (not SU02) and create a role, into which you import those tcodes to the menu.

After that it is just a few more mouse-click the merge the role data with the Su24 data and generate the profiles for you.

You will however have some conflicts still between the change and display activities of tables in the same group, but you can also use the client change status to control most of them in combination with the delivery class of teh table and the current settings flags.

Sounds like hard work upfront, but after that it is smooth sailing.

Cheers,

Julius