Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Livecache 7.7 patch - backups needed

valeriocicchiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello community,

we are planning a Livecache 7.7 patching from version 7.7.04.25 to version 7.7.04.32 on Unix as described in SAP note 998966

I want to be able to roll back the activity to the actual kernel version as I usually do in SAP R/3 environment.

In the case of SAP kernel I make a simple backup of directory /sapmnt/<SID>/exe

What do I need to backup in Livecache? Is it correct and enough to backup the following directories?

/sapdb/<SID>/db

/sapdb/programs

Regards,

Valerio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> we are planning a Livecache 7.7 patching from version 7.7.04.25 to version 7.7.04.32 on Unix as described in SAP note 998966

>

> I want to be able to roll back the activity to the actual kernel version as I usually do in SAP R/3 environment.

> In the case of SAP kernel I make a simple backup of directory /sapmnt/<SID>/exe

>

> What do I need to backup in Livecache? Is it correct and enough to backup the following directories?

> /sapdb/<SID>/db

> /sapdb/programs

No it isn't.

You have to have the old installation set to be able to resinstall the older version.

In case you need to "rollback" this upgrade, you will need to uninstall the newer version via SDBUNINST/SDBSETUP and reinstall the older version via SDBINST/SDBSETUP again.

Copying the binaries back and forth will only lead to registration inconsistencies - don't go down that road.

regards,

Lars

valeriocicchiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Lars for your quick answer.

My idea was not a very smart one, because I see that this activity is not a simply change of binaries

The question is solved

Valerio

Answers (0)