Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration directory - Editing Objects

former_member457420
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to change the naming convention of some objects like configuration scenario name,party name,business service name etc in the Integration directory.

For Eg:- If I try to change the configuration scenario name.

DblClick the "Configuration scenario name"

But when I try to change it by using "Display/Edit"- the "Configuration Scenario" field is not editable.

The "Description" field is editable.

Is it something to do with my rights in the system.Should I talk to my administrator.

OR

If not, How could I change it...

Thanks

P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its nothing to do with your rights. You cannot change names of objects as such once created.

Workaround for you would be:

Right click on the object -> Copy object-> Give it the name you want and save. Delete the earlier/original unwanted one.

former_member457420
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Soumen,

Thanks for the prompt response.

In the Integration repository If I want to change the names for the datatype,messagetype,message interfaces,messagemapping and interface mapping belonging to a namespace, I cant make a copy every time when Iam changing the name of the object,right?

What is the best way to go about it.....

Thanks..

P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best way is you need to copy the object name or if dont want to copy then create new one

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos
In the Integration repository If I want to change the names for the datatype,messagetype,message interfaces,messagemapping and interface mapping belonging to a namespace, I cant make a copy every time when Iam changing the name of the object,right?
What is the best way to go about it.....

As long as the name is different you can make innumerable copies in the same namespace.

If the name is same you wont be allowed to.

Regards

Soumen...

former_member457420
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone... Thanks....

Iam running into trouble now.

I want to rename the namespace in integration repository(Know that renaming is not possible) and also rename the interface and mapping objects within....

what could be done?Is there a way to copy the namespace as well...

How to proceeed?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot copy a namespace.....Create a new namespace with the desired name....save...activate.....and then start copying the objects into this new namespace by giving proper naming convention.

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member457420
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.....

One last question.

My scenario is as follows:

In the Integration directory If I add an already existing party,business service,integration process or communication channel from a source scenario to a different configuration scenario(Target scenario),Does it make a different copy of the added object in the target scenario or a reference to the already existing object or an independent object that lives in this target scenario.

The reason why Iam asking this is,I want to change the name of one the above said objects in the source scenario.

So I make a copy of the object and delete the old object.

Before deleting the object,Do I have to use the "Where-Used-List" to look into other scenarios as well where it is used and change the object there as well with copy/Rename.

That is to say,The source and target scenario objects -are they independent of each other.

Does changing one affect the other....

Thanks

P

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you copy a object in Integration Directory/Repository its just a copy of the original thing. You guessed right. It points to the earlier existing references. Where-used list check would give you a proper idea which way to go about your copying. So you need to copy/delete accordingly. Anyways if you try to delete some object which is used by other objects you wont be able to activate it(an activation failure message would pop up)

Hope it helps...

Cheers!!!

former_member457420
Participant
0 Kudos

>>When you copy a object in Integration Directory/Repository its just a copy of the original thing. You guessed right. It points to the earlier existing references.

Iam not copying,Iam adding an object to a scenario using context menu "Add to Scenario"(Is that also a copy) as said below

In the Integration directory If I add an already existing party,business service,integration process or communication channel from a source scenario to a different configuration scenario(Target scenario),Does it make a different copy of the added object in the target scenario or a reference to the already existing object or an independent object that lives in this target scenario.

>>Where-used list check would give you a proper idea which way to go about your copying. So you need to copy/delete accordingly. Anyways if you try to delete some object which is used by other objects you wont be able to activate it(an activation failure message would pop up)

If there are 2 objects in 2 scenarios added in the way I said above and I want to Rename one object.

How should I go about it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member457420
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Soumen...

Now Its getting clearer.

I will award you points.Dont worry about that:)

Sorry for the troubles.But just to clarify your points.

>>A Configuration scenario is basically a package which acts as a single point of storing all the relevant objects to a particular interface. If you add an existing party,business service,integration process or communication channel to a diff configuration scenario there's no harm as these are kinda independent objects.

So if there are 2 party or business servives or integration processes with the same name(added as I aid before using "Add to Scenario") exists in 2 different scenarios.They are independent objects.

So I can rename each object also as independent objects as follows,without worrying abt "Where-used"lists.

Right click ->Copy object->Give the new name->Select the scenario(and folder if you using one)->Save and activate.

>>Channels are assigned to business systems/components primarily. Later we reuse them in different scenarios.

Channels assigned to Business system is stored in SLD.Thats clear.

Channels assigned to business services.Its also reused.If it is reused it should be stored in a common place right.Where is it?

So if there exists 2 channels with the same name(added as I aid before using "Add to Scenario") exists in 2 different scenarios.They are independent objects.

So I can rename each channel also as independent objects as follows,without worrying abt "Where-used"lists.

Right click ->Copy object->Give the new name->Select the scenario(and folder if you using one)->Save and activate.

Is these things so to understand.?

Former Member
0 Kudos
So if there are 2 party or business servives or integration processes with the same name(added as I aid before using "Add to Scenario") exists in 2 different scenarios.They are independent objects.
So I can rename each object also as independent objects as follows,without worrying abt "Where-used"lists.

A li'l correction here. You cant have two different business services/components with same name in the first place. All Business sytems/services are stored in a common place thats under the Service without party tab in Integration Directory.

Channels assigned to Business system is stored in SLD.Thats clear.
Channels assigned to business services.Its also reused.If it is reused it should be stored in a common place right.Where is it?

When you create a channel BY DEFAULT they get stored in Communication Channel tab in ID and if you check the Service without party tab in ID you can find the same under your business service/component.

So if there exists 2 channels with the same name(added as I aid before using "Add to Scenario") exists in 2 different scenarios.They are independent objects.

So I can rename each channel also as independent objects as follows,without worrying abt "Where-used"lists.

Yes!!!

Your channels are assigned to a particular business system/service. Now when you rename them using copy object you have the option to select a business system too. If you want them to be in the same business system/component just give the new name and save.No need to worry about scenarios.

former_member457420
Participant
0 Kudos

>>A li'l correction here. You cant have two different business services/components with same name in the first place. All Business sytems/services are stored in a common place thats under the Service without party tab in Integration Directory.

2 business services in 2 seperate scenarios with the same name.Thats what I meant:)

Can I copy one without referring to the other one with the same name.

ie: to say can I make a copy of each of theses services independent of each other,though they have the same name

Can I call u:).Thats much easier than typing......

Former Member
0 Kudos
2 business services in 2 seperate scenarios with the same name.Thats what I meant:)
Can I copy one without referring to the other one with the same name.
ie: to say can I make a copy of each of theses services independent of each other,though they have the same name

Phew!!! 😛

Well, you cant even have two seperate scenarios with same name in ID.

P.S : What brings you so much into copying stuff(Although S/W engineers are known for copy/paste). Practice creating new ones dude.

former_member457420
Participant
0 Kudos

changing names according to a standard convention

with writing its always difficult to communicate

>>Well, you cant even have two seperate scenarios with same name in ID

2 seperate scenarios with different names,but having business services with the same name....

This is my last post for today.I will leave u in peace......

Thanks a lot for your help.I really appreciate it.It helped me to clear up some things in my head...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can make object copy every time but in my opinion best way it is using approved on your projec/organization "SAP XI/PI naming convension guide".

BR,

Dzmitry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can not change name of already created objects in Integration Directory as people above said you have to COPE required objects, but be careful with data (for example: passwords) which you enter in this objects.

BR,

Dzmitry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cant edit the configuration objects.......either u need to create new one.

or copy it and change the required details and save it.

Thanks and Regards,

Phani