Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow Printing based on Allowed T-Codes

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to disable/enable "Print" option for selected/allowed Transaction Codes for some SAP Users in SAP ?

We are running with SAP ECC 6.0.

e.g.

If a selected SAP User is executing VA02/VA03, then the User will not be allowed to take a "print" of Sales Order (Print Option will be disabled). but while executing other Transaction Codes, the Printing function will be allowed for that SAP User (e.g he/she can take a print of Demand Notes, etc..etc).

I tried to get this kind of constraint by creating new Z-Authorization Object with combination of SPOACTION and TCD Auth. Fields. But, it's still allowing printing to the selected user. May be the combination of Auth Fields within the Z-Auth. Object is not is not proper. May be these things are not sufficient to fulfill my objective.

Please provide me your valuable suggestions to achieve this kind of requirement.

Transaction Code based Printing functionality for some restricted SAP Users is possible or not in SAP ?

Awaiting for your valuable suggestions.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

define 'print' option! there is no such button on VA02 or VA03 main screen ... so I take it, you are trying to prevent documents from being printed - like say, message type BA00 for VA02?? this can be achieved by suppressing Activity = '04' in the V_* auth-objects.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much for your quick response.

I tried your suggestions and suppressed '04' the ACTVT Auth. Filed for the following Auth. Objects.

V_LIKP_VST --Delivery: Authorization for Shipping Points

V_VBAK_VKO - Sales Document: Authorization for Sales Areas

Then, following steps were performed to test the effect

1. executed VA03 with sales order number.

2. Tried to take Print Preview of Sales Order.

3. Print Preview came

4. Printing is still allowed for the task.

Weather I will hv to suppress the "04" of all ACTVT Aut. Field of required Auth. Object, which is still allowing printing for the sales order upon execution ?

I want the selected User to allow only print preview of the sales order. But he/she will not be allowed to take print of this Sales Order.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

0 Kudos

>

> V_LIKP_VST --Delivery: Authorization for Shipping Points

> V_VBAK_VKO - Sales Document: Authorization for Sales Areas

Please do not take offense (none is intended) but I have the feeling that you are mixing things up here:

V_LIKP* does not apply to sales documents, but to delivery documents ... so they would go with the transactions VL* - not like you stated with VA*.

with sales documents you mainly have object V_VBAK_VKO with witch to controle the Activity = '04'. unfortunately that would apply to both: print preview and output.

if you maintain condition records for printing (transactions VV11-13) - make sure that your sales documents are assigned to a fixed printer there. this enables you to bring in yet other objects with witch you can differentiate, which kind of documents the users are allowed to preview and physically print.

if you want to restrict the physical = paper output, you are in great difficulties though, because SAP does not differentiate between print-preview and physical output. You can try for tricks with S_SPO_DEV but will fail when it comes to printing on LOCL ...

0 Kudos

> if you want to restrict the physical = paper output, you are in great difficulties though, because SAP does not differentiate between print-preview and physical output. You can try for tricks with S_SPO_DEV but will fail when it comes to printing on LOCL ...

I agree. It is a pain & requires a reasonable amount of development. I have had this requirement before at a client who wanted something similar.

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I tried to get this kind of constraint by creating new Z-Authorization Object with combination of SPOACTION and TCD Auth. Fields. But, it's still allowing printing to the selected user. May be the combination of Auth Fields within the Z-Auth. Object is not is not proper. May be these things are not sufficient to fulfill my objective.

The way you describe this makes me think you didn't adapt any source code to actually check your new object. I may be wrong here. But if I am right this is like putting extra keys on your keyring without adding locks to the door.....

>Transaction Code based Printing functionality for some restricted SAP Users is possible or not in SAP ?

I don't think so. At least I've never heard of it.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Though, I have added that Z-Auth Object (ZTCPRINT) in the checklist of VA03 T-code using SU24, the user is able to take print of the selected Sales order in the print preview of the same. New Spool request is getting generated instead of preventing from printing.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> Thank you for your reply.

>

> Though, I have added that Z-Auth Object (ZTCPRINT) in the checklist of VA03 T-code using SU24, the user is able to take print of the selected Sales order in the print preview of the same. New Spool request is getting generated instead of preventing from printing.

>

> Regards,

> Bhavik G. Shroff

you have to code that authority check someplace in MV45...