Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization based on Material Type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

We have different material type but we want give access based on Material Type to User.

For Eg. In Transaction Code :- ME39 Display Scheduling agreement Schedule

I wants to restrict user from access/Component Overview of particular material type.

how to do this, This is the client requirement.

thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you tried using the search function?

this is not asked for the first time.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you tried using the search function?

this is not asked for the first time.

0 Kudos

Hello Mylène Dorias ,

I tried to search on SDN but I didn't find what I want. may be I searched it wrong way.

I want it for a particular material type, so if possible send me any other ways or link.

thanks,

0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

If you search for material type restrictions you will get plenty of info. Another term to help you search is OMS2

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

of course it is not possible. the multitude of application transactions cares nothing about authorisation objects bound to the material master like M_MATE_MAR or the other one with authorisation groups (which has the additional disadvantage that you would have to group all materials ...)

This subject has been stated in this forum various times, I put a small link farm here (only the most recent/relevant from the search function 😞

So, here goes ... one more time: ME39 does not care about material master related authorisation objects unless you make it do so by coding something or other ...

Edited by: Mylène Dorias on Jan 18, 2010 8:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

I dont hink it is practically possible to manage this with the standard

What you are asking for is that a document is created with n number of line items and based on the user's access (n-x) line items should be displayed and that too in scheduling agreements

I can understand that in vendor and Customer line item display in FI, based on the customer authorization group you can/cannot see particular line items but this kind of a functionality does not exist for Scheduling agreements or sales orders or deliveries........if it is mandatory that you do this to survive, a option might be to modify the related exit for ME39. personally i dont see any other way but, i would keen to hear from others too