cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWL / Delta Pull Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to configured delta pull in UWL, but when I create a new SYstem in UWL administration, I get the message:

Could not verify if the backend of system WADCLNT200 is configured for optimized delta pull.

I need to implement delta pull because we have a lot of performance problem with UWL.

My portal is 700 SP18 and backend system 6.40

Any idea¿?

Thanks and Regards

Noemí

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I need to implement delta pull because we have a lot of performance problem with UWL

Most likely you do, And your question is?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juan

I am facing performance problem with UWL so I am configuring delta pull.

I created rol SAP_BC_UWL_SERVICE and uwl_service in the backend system WAS 640. I also created jobs following instructions in http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/eb/101fa0a53244deb955f6f91929e400/frameset.htm.

Also created RFC Destination in Visual Admin of portal

When I amd creating the UWL System WADCLNT200 in the portal, I try to put in field "Delta Pull Channel Refresh Period (in Seconds):" the value 60, but when I saved the system I get the message:

Could not verify if the backend of system WADCLNT200 is configured for optimized delta pull

If I edit again the System WADCLNT200 created, there is not value 60 on Delta Pull Channel Refresh Period (in Seconds).It is empty. I am unable to save the value 60.

My question is if you know how can i solved the message "Could not verify if the backend of system WADCLNT200 is configured for optimized delta pull".

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Kind Regards

Noemní

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you read SAP Note 1373161 - UWL_DETECT_BWF_DELTA_JOB returns DeltaPull is not configured

It might help

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

thanks very much for the OSS note, but the function module mentioned does not exist in my WAS 640 system.

UWL_DETECT_BWF_DELTA_JOB

It seems the note applies for BASIS 70 / 71.

Thanks

Noemi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Juan

I am sorry, I do not read the OSS correctly !!

it seems the job UWL:FULL must be configured to run diary,

but this is the configuration I have in my job

Thanks

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The documentation that you used is for a NW07 so you probably should have taken that into account... no I'm not an expert in the area but check for the prerequirements before going any further, also most of the notes related to the issue are for 7XX systems, maybe open an OSS message.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juan

the message is opened, still waiting for SAP Answer

Thanks very much for your help

Noemi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noemi,

Please go through the below blog. Maybe you will be disappointed a bit.

The delta pull feature has been introduced in NW2004s...

/people/ginger.gatling/blog/2006/01/27/understanding-how-uwl-gets-work-items-from-backend-systems

Cheers....,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu,

I think you are right!

with a backend WAS 640 I can not configure delta pull!

Noemi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Noemi,

Was you able to resolve the issue .

we have all the the software component as per SAP Note# 1133821 installed.

Also the UWL_SERVICE must the be user ID on the backend system that runs background job RSWNUWLSEL.

Even if getting the same error :

"System <System_Alias> is not configured for optimized delta pull. Check the uwl_service user configuration."

Your help and reply is appreciated.

Regards

Pravesh

Answers (0)