cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLM updating BOM in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have problem in updating the item status for a BOM using a RFC which inturns uses SAP Funcation module - 'CSAP_MAT_BOM_MAINTAIN'.

My goal is reset the Checkbox for 'Indicator: item relevant to production' from PLM. SO, when we pass the value ' '[Space] in XML tag 'REL_PROD' it doesn't work.

Do let me know if you come across such problem & what needs to passed as input to reset the checkbox for the BOM in SAP.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhargava

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PLM wants to manipulate the Indicators u2013 u201CBulk Materialu201D & u201CCost Relevancyu201D in BOM.

Note: The 2 indicators [u201CBulk Materialu201D & u201CCost Relevancyu201D] are interlinked with each other for a business functionlity given by SAP. So, if we try to set both indicators we get the below SAP standard error.

E 29127 Bulk material not allowed for items relevant to costing

SAP Field Name RFC Tag SAP values PLM values Meaning for SAP field

Indicator: bulk material BULK_MAT Space ! No

Indicator: bulk material BULK_MAT X X Yes

Indicator: item relevant to costing REL_COST Space ! Not relevant to costing

Indicator: item relevant to costing REL_COST 1 1 Not relevant to costing

Indicator: item relevant to costing REL_COST 2 2 Packaging operation

Indicator: item relevant to costing REL_COST 3 3 Packaging material

Indicator: item relevant to costing REL_COST X X Relevant to costing

To achieve the clear/reset/set value for 2 indicators [u201CBulk Materialu201D & u201CCost Relevancyu201D] from PLM, only eitheir of indicators status needs to sent [i.e 1 indicator status @ a time].

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't get your problem very well,

You can try recording in SCAT and there you will get each and every value which system updates while reseting the the required values.

From there you will get your required input details.