SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calculating rate in billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all,

i work in a utility industry which supply ecectricity and raise the monthly bill according to the consumption of the individual connection. as i am new to IS-U, i am unable to build the linkage how system will calculate the billable amount according to the consumption. theoritically i know that there are operands which are the input and out put of variant program through which system calculate the rate. but exactly do not know which operands to use in which case.

for example:- my rate is rs 4.50/unit and the unit consumed is 100 unit for a particular consumer. so system sould calculate rs 450.00 as the billable amount for tis month. what setting i need to do for this to happen.

please suggest in detail

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know you need to do the following

1. Define the Price

2. Save the Price in the Facts at Rate/ Rate Category/ Installation level

3. Determine the Variant Program you need for your scenario (Ex: QUANTI01)

4. Define the input and output operands for the above Variant Prg (Ex: i/p op - EQUANT & EQPRICE, o/p op - EQAMOUNT)

5. Define Rate, enter EQUANT as the Register operand (this supplies the MR result to the Variant Prg)

6.Create the Rate Step in the Rate, enter the Variant Prg, debit and credit sub-transactions, input and output operands

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rajini.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know you need to do the following

1. Define the Price

2. Save the Price in the Facts at Rate/ Rate Category/ Installation level

3. Determine the Variant Program you need for your scenario (Ex: QUANTI01)

4. Define the input and output operands for the above Variant Prg (Ex: i/p op - EQUANT & EQPRICE, o/p op - EQAMOUNT)

5. Define Rate, enter EQUANT as the Register operand (this supplies the MR result to the Variant Prg)

6.Create the Rate Step in the Rate, enter the Variant Prg, debit and credit sub-transactions, input and output operands

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rajini.