cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use CE 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently we are using NWDS 7.0.9 and ep 7.0 as our portal server.

nwds is just a tool for developing applications .Now my question is if I upgrade my development tool to CE 7.1 then do I have to upgrade my portal server as wel .or just I have to install the CE7.1 set up in my local machine and start the development directly.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The NWDS is always based on the Portal version you use. In this case, if you want to use CE 7.1 -- then you need to use NWDS 7.1 for this as well.

Regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK so if I use Nwds7.1 and don't upgrade my portal version ie. 7.0 currently.Wil this work?As I just want to develop application in nwds7.1 and I don't want to upgrade my portal version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, that will not work. You can't do that since the components you will create on NWDS 7.1 is not compatible on a 7.0 environment. Again, its the NWDS version dependent on the Portal version.. never the other way around.

Regards,

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jan ;

I still have to more doubts:

1. If I upgrade my portal server to ehp 1 and then develop the application using nwds 7.0 and deploy them what will be the result?

2.Currently we have a portal with ess/mss installed in it.We have also created some custom applications using nwds 7.0 and deployed on the portal.

In such a scenario if we upgrade our portal to 7.1 will that affect the existing applications or business packages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. I believe there's a specific version for an NWDS EHP1 - but that also falls under a 7.0 environment. The key here is that your NWDS must be in sync with your portal version.

2. Here's the thing with CE 7.1 is actually a different line of technology in NetWeaver but with the similar and 'upgraded' components from EP 7.0. CE 7.1 does not have KM and collaboration for example. The usual scenario is, CE 7.1 content is shared with a Portal 7.0 through portal federation. Hence, your Portal 7.0 would still be a central portal consuming CE 7.1 composite applications. Moreover, CE 7.1 comes with its own portal - and it runs on a JEE 1.5 - so if you want to migrate and run your existing applications there, it should run -- there's a process though for migrating WD Java 7.0 to WD Java 7.1.

Regards,

Jan

Answers (0)