cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC AC 5.3 SP5 - ERM mass role import error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

I am customising ERM 5.3 SP5 and encountering the following error.

I have tried to search and find the forum for an analogous message, but unsuccessfully.

Thanks in advance for your assistance / support

Best regards

RONAN

Role Import Failed for SAP_CO_OM_XXXXX_XXXXXX_X :

2010-01-15 09:07:47,065 [Thread-315] ERROR com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.exceptions.BaseSQLException: ResourceException in method ConnectionFactoryImpl.getConnection(): com.sap.engine.services.connector.exceptions.BaseResourceException: Cannot get connection for 120 seconds. Possible reasons: 1) Connections are cached within SystemThread(can be any server service or any code invoked within SystemThread in the SAP J2EE Engine), 2) The pool size of adapter "SAPxxxDB" is not enough according to the current load of the system or 3) The specified time to wait for connection is not enough according to the pool size and current load of the system. In case 1) the solution is to check for cached connections using the Connector Service list-conns command, in case 2) to increase the size of the pool and in case 3) to increase the time to wait for connection property. In case of application thread, there is an automatic mechanism which detects unclosed connections and unfinished transactions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

Thanks for the helpful answers.

I meant by "customising ERM": ERM configuration.

Feedback on the issue resolution:

- I have changed the "MAXIMUM CONNECTION" service setting in the JDBC connector (from 10 to 50). and the mass role import worked properly (8 500 roles imported).

- But I did not immediately modified the "MAXIMUM TIME TO WAIT FOR CONNECTION".

Best regards

Nicolas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ronan,

This is a connection error and can be rectified by your basis team (as mentioned by Alpesh) which need to increase the wait time. If you are just dealing with the configuration part, then I would say it is not an error resulting from Functional Config but Basis Configuration.

regards,

hersh.

Edited by: HERSH GUPTA on Jan 17, 2010 3:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronan,

What do you mean when you said 'you are customizing ERM 5.3'?

The error states that there is a connection issue between ERM (Java) and Database (NWDB). Please talk to your basis or SQL administrator.

Regards,

Alpesh