cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML Tags in HTMLB or How to shrink HTMLB ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a JSP page using HTMLB tags, which works fine in EP5. I am migrated this JSP in EP6 SP6 and now it gives me the following message:

Error in executing a process for compilation, C:/usr/sap/EP6/JC00/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/irj/servlet_jsp/irj/root/web-inf/portal/portalapps/com.suncor.ci.continuousimprovement/work/pagelet/_sapportalsjsp_recordinputform.java:5262: code too large for try statement } catch(IOException jspioex) {} ^ C:/usr/sap/EP6/JC00/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/irj/servletjsp/irj/root/WEB-INF/portal/portalapps/com.suncor.ci.continuousimprovement/work/pagelet/_sapportalsjsp_recordInputForm.java:4303: code too large for try statement try { ^ ...

INF/portal/portalapps/com.suncor.ci.continuousimprovement/work/pagelet/_sapportalsjsp_recordInputForm.java:133: code too large for try statement try { ^ C:/usr/sap/EP6/JC00/j2ee/cluster/server0/apps/sap.com/irj/servlet_jsp/irj/root/web-inf/portal/portalapps/com.suncor.ci.continuousimprovement/work/pagelet/_sapportalsjsp_recordinputform.java:22: code too large public void doContent(IPortalComponentRequest componentRequest, IPortalComponentResponse aResponse) ^ 57 errors .

The error is because of intense use of HTMLB.

The whole JSP page is one form.

I did some research and found out that the Servletsize is limited to 65k Byte.

Indeed, when i removed some HTMLB tags, it was working fine....

The suggestions was to use the Include Directive

<@ include page="other.jsp" > This will load the other jsp at Runtime.

When i did this, the content of the HTMB was not converted to HTML, but it only copied the HTMLB tags directly after the <body>. (I included the <%@ taglib uri="tagLib" prefix="hbj" %>)

When writing <tr> or <td> directly (to compress the HTML lines) using the JSPWriter (out) instead of the HTMLB tags, my HTML was ignored and did not appear in the HTML output.

My question is: How can I add HTML in HTML or how can I shrink a huge HTMLB form ?

Any ideas are welcome...

Kai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have faced the same problem.

You can use still htmlb elements but remove the htmlb tags which is used for alignments.Instead you can use <TR><TD>.I hope this will solve your problem.

Regards,

Abdul Raheem .S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

if i use the regular HTML tags for static HTML and still use the HTMLB tags for dynamic content, then the HTML tags will be completely ignored.