Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help in DMS needed.

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear, Gurus.

I have a small problem that I would like to resolve if possible.

I create dms document attached a text file to it and assign it to my sales order object, then save.

When I go to va03 display and choose the dms document that is attached with it. I see my dms document and attachment of text file. When I open it and write something it is saving to that dms. I want to give the user only authorization to see the attachment but not have the right to write and save anything. How can I do this.

I hope scenario is pretty much clear.

In other words, anybody who opens a transactional screen if it be order, delivery or whatever, should see it yes but when he double clicks on his dms document he should not be able to write anything on the attached text file to that dms document.

Right so when user double clicks his dms document he will see an attachment to that dms. When he double clicks the text file for example. he can see and write even on that same text file. I dont want him to be able to do that.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check if authorization object - C_DRAW_TCD is useful or you can use ACLs and give users - ReadFile rights.

Regards

Surjit

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Actually, our basis team has tried the above given roles, and other asl but there is no luck on our side. The problem is that we cannot control for example, Microsoft Office save button or any other document vendors save control from within SAP. So we are assuming it is not possible to stop a person from writing on the attached document in the DMS document.

Umm I was noticing that when you do add a local file and next to the name you see like a picture of a lock pad as open. Any ideas as to what this thing does??? or what it is for?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

the unlock symbol indicates that document has been checked out by a particular user. so unless the user checks in the original file changes wont be reflected...

This authorization object & acls should restrict users from checking out files..

please check if authorization are maintained correctly..

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Umm I was noticing that when you do add a local file and next to the name you see like a picture of a lock pad as open. Any ideas as to what this thing does??? or what it is for?

If Lock is open, that indicates that, the file is not checked-in. Right click on the file & check-in to content server. Then your issue could be resolve.

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you say, you cannot control the application to be used, but you can control if the document can be checked out / checked in into DMS (so it can be changed locally but not updated into the content server).

For that, you should have a look into authorization objects in DMS and set the rights to read, and take out the update. With that authorization object you won't see anymore the pencil button to modify, but just a read button.

Edited: I think the authorization object you may look for is C_DRAW_DOK

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Neil

Edited by: Neil Billqvist on Jan 19, 2010 6:38 PM