cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

indirect sales rebate or indirect extended sales rebate

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

Anyone worked on indirect sales rebate help me out with the process scenario of indirect sales rebate or indirect extended sales rebate. i do have the configuration document but want to know where or for what scenario its used.

my req:

Manufacturer --> distributor --> endcustomer.

1. distributor buys from manufacturer and gets some coupons along with material directly proportionate to the value of invoice.

eg.

invoice value--rs. 1 lakh

he will get 10 coupon A or 5 coupon B. or both

2. Then he sells the same to end customer with his own conditions.(sale between distributor and end customer not captured in SAP as of now.)

3. anytime the end customer may come to the MANUFACTURER with the coupons(not to the distributor from whom he purchased his goods) and will get his coupon redeemed, by buying Free of Charge items for the total value of coupon he possess.

4. coupons need to be validated ie. checked whether its been bought from the distributor to whom the manufacturer has sold it to and not from any other distributor.

-

> is indirect sales rebate or extenced sales rebate (both r same i believe) applicable here. if so how??

if not-- help me with best way to go ahead with the scenario.

thanks in advance..

leo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

thank kapil,

but i do have these documents in hand already. just want to know how these would help me match my requirement. details in the SAP BEST PRACTICE documents is not very clear to my understanding. still thank you very much for ur concern.

regards

leo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Leo,

Did you get an answer to your question finally? If you did, it would be great if you could share your findings as I am having a similar requirement.

Thanks and Regards,

ES

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

Yes it could be handled by vistex/ip, as suggested

Is this scenario to be handled for a WHOLESALER or a MANUFACTURER, If you could reveal the clients name, I could realte & help you out manage this scenario

J Sh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP ChargeBack and PayBack by Vistex can solve your problem. It is a ERP add on and integrated seamlessly in ERP. No interface is needed.

www.vistex.com

Best regards,

Fan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leo,

The scenario with coupons / points is managed in SAP CRM and is part of Loyalty Management:

/people/bhushan.khadpe/blog/2008/11/13/sap-crm-70-loyalty-management-high-volume-execution

I am sorry to say that the indirect sales rebate, extended or not, will not solve your need.

Indirect rebates are used to credit distributors based on sales done on third-party customers (the customers of the distributors). These sales will be registered in SAP using a "pendulum list" and indirect rebate agreement give credit based on indirect sales volume (these are proforma billing documents generated from the pendulum list data).

My understanding is that any company that wants to manage coupons / points natively in the SAP ERP has to program this functionality itself in the ERP or to interface SAP ERP with a specialized external application.

SAP recommended solution is to implement SAP CRM, but IMHO that is an overkill for many medium size companies.

I wish there would be a way to implement specific CRM functions natively in SAP ERP, like Trade Promotion Management or Points Management, so the Customer could stick with a single ERP / CRM system

Best Regards,

Franck