cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to consume SAP ECC 6.0 web service in a ASP dotnet 2.0 webapp?

Former Member
0 Kudos

ECC 6.0 SAP web service can be easliy consumed in an ASP dotnet 2.0 web app only if the input parameters are simple variable but if the input parameter is an internal table or structure of RFC then i am unable to get data in the data objects of the dotnet code.

The details are as given below :

1. We are consuming web services given by SAP HR to display staff related data in an ASP dot net 2.0 web application.

2. There are three web services of which 2 web services are for Salary and Off-cycle payment details and the third is Staff Personal Data.

3. The staff personal data web service where the Staff No. is the input parameter is displaying data correctly in the web application.

4. But while using Salary details and Off-cycle payments details web service the behaviour is not the same as the input parameter in the case of these web services is in the form of an array. So data from these web services is not appearing in the desired output objects of the dot net application.

5. We have tried debugging at SAP and dot net applications level - SAP RFC is returning data correctly but the same does not reach the dot net objects. So we are unable to identify the exact root cause of this issue.

6. Another additional problem is, if the call to the web service is wrapped in a class method then the web service does not return any data (MVC architecture), while if the web service is called directly from a ASP.NET page (similar to view which is not recommended) it works in the later case.

Can anyone help with this issue -- Nasreen Khan BPCL

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ali_mohammed5
Explorer
0 Kudos

Where you able to find a solution to this issue . i would really appreciate some feedback from you as we are having a similar issue .

thanks,

Ali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not using dotnet connector , directly consuming the web service in my dotnet application.If i do a Add web Reference in the web app it asks for a URL which is the url we get when a RFC is converted to a web service.

Only if the input parameter of the RFC/webservice is an internal table , in this case i am not getting the data in the dataobjects of the ASP dotnet application. I get the data using the webservice if the input parameter is a simple variable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nasreen,

I hope you have installed .Net connector for SAP which also provides classes for internale tables etc.

Regards,

Gourav