cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Webservice in NetWeaver SP 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to create a webservice in SAP NetWeaver SP 14, but two things happens:

1. the wizards creates two files, application.xml and application-j2e-engine.xml, which gives a build error as these files only should appear in the EAR file.

2. After deleting the above files, build whent allright but when I try to deploy my webservice, I get a portal runtime error which contains this:

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: .\temp\webservices\deploy\com.dfdstransport_PHSModelEAR\webservices\com1\com\dfdstransport\portal\ex\phs\model\phsinterface\PHSInterfaceWD.wsdef (The system cannot find the path specified).

Has anybody try this and has a solution?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is fixed in later releases, i can't remember the exact SP through. As a workaround you can change the name of the archive from com.<some_name> to something like com_<some_name> thus avoiding the creation of com1 folder.

Myriana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I use SP17 and NW04s, both have problem 2. The root cause is possibly that no windows system can have a directory called com1 (DOS legacy?).

Hey SAP, was it ever tested? Is it possible to change this strange "com1" in path?

Regards,

Pavol