cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to add new module in the existing Landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We have ECC 6.0 running with HCM and Finance, and this is for Phase I and it rolled out successfully last June, now we are going to add Merchandising for Phase II in the existing landscape.

My question is we have in our DEV Systems we have Client 100,200,300 and 500. and in Quality the same and one client in Production.,

Since we are going to add Merchandising in Phase II do we use the same existing clients in dev and qa or we need to have a seperate client in dev and qa,

But end of the day we will have only one client in Prod.

Please let me know we need to use different client or existing clients for realization.

Thanks in advance

Sathish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you will be using the production Client the functionality will be enhanced already by the patch ,this should and will work.

alen_mikulic
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I observe 4 clients in development, possibly my guess would be playpen, golden client, development and unit testing.

For a new implementation I would preferably use another client for the project or use the existing clients based on impact to production support to current landscape.

The clients in QA can be kept same to understand how the new changes integrate with the current landscape and if changes impact the current environment. This would ensure that any problems are fixed before transports are moved to production.

I have assumed a 3 system landscape but there are many possibilities where you can have a separate project landscape for this new module implementation to ensure no impact to production support team.

If your project can afford new servers then suggest buying two servers one with a copy of your development and another with a copy of production(project test system). This was you would start with all new developments happening in current landscape and also would be tested with a current copy of production data.

Cheers Sam