cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to sync vendors but NOT overwrite changes made to vendor in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have loaded vendors from ECC into SRM 5.0 using bbpgetvd, and one vendors is marked "ERS". I have unchecked this from the vendor in SRM (as it is generating an error when trying to use this vendor) and now I am all set. However, when I schedule BBP_VENDOR_SYNC to run nightly/weekly, the vendor will synch up to how it is in ECC and mark it as an ERS vendor again, correct?

How would I stop that (without changing the vendor in ECC, which has to be an ERS vendor)? The vendor is used in ECC as an ERS vendor, and the same vendor is used in SRM with procurement card, local PO only transactions.

Thanks in advance~

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

Using BBP_VENDOR_SYNC report to create/update (according to your customizing) SRM vendors from their vendor master in R/3, you can implement methods from BAdI BBP_TRANSDATA_PREP.

For both methods, you will have to manage XERSR field value for Evaluated Receipt Settlement in parameter CT_LFM1 by deleting it.

Nevertheless, by doing this, i think you will have PO replication problem in R/3 as your vendor is maintained for ERS in R/3.

Regards.

Laurent.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ricardo,

The issue with using BBPUPDVD is that it will update the vendors from the backend to SRM - which will overwrite my change to uncheck the vendor in SRM as a ERS vendor. Therfore, this will not work, but thanks for the help!

Laurent,

This seems to be the best solution, however you bring up a good point with replicating PO's back into ECC. We do not do this today, however I believe we want to do that in the future. I may look into creating a new/duplicate vendor in ECC for this supplier. I believe that will be the easist choice, just need to work with our coding team now and see what that entails.

-Eric

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you tried to use BBPUPDVD or its batch job BBP_VENDOR_UPDATE_DATA_JOB?

They achieve the same goal, it means that they update the data of vendors from backend since last time you replicate the data.

Kind regards,

Ricardo