SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price/cost interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

We currently have an EDI 832 interface from vendors to the legacy system and we are now developing the interface from vendors to SAP instead. How do i proceed with this as i never worked on EDI 832 before? Which idoc type can i use for this(ECC 6.0). Also what are the follow up steps to create materials or change materials with the price/cost information we get from vendors. Why do we need to use a catalog? Can i use a custom program to create/change the materials?

-Anju.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anju,

which middleware are you using? SAP PI?

In my opinion, there are two ways to create/change articles:

- The middleware takes the information from the vendor and creates a price catalogue (IDoc PRICECATALOGUE) and you process it via PRICAT-Workbench. There you can release the new articles and the changes. If necessary, you can also automate the process. The price catalogue can also create/change prices.

- The middleware takes the information from the vendor and creates an ARTMAS-IDoc for the articles and the articles changes (question: how does the vendor know your SAP article number? you have to map it e.g. via EAN). Second, the middleware takes the price information and creates an COND_A-IDoc to create/change the prices.

(I don't know the EDI Format you mentioned, so I can't get you any help on that. I just answered because of your statement to create/change articles and prices)

Regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anju,

EDI 832 takes into account the ANSIX12 protocal for transfering data . in this case either you can use a Seaburger adapter in the PI middleware or you can use a standlone application like GENTRAN to communicate . SAP hints at using Seaburger adapter .

jonk