Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS Element Budget Check Message at invoice reversal by MR8M

former_member630135
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We recently did a commitment carry forward for a project without Budget Carry forward.This increased the assigned value of the WBS Elements but having no budget yet for 2010.

We wanted to reverse an Invoice a PO created in 2009 for a WBS Element using MR8M.

Surprisingly, we got a budget exceed error message BP604 amount equal to the assigned amount in 2010 !!

Is this SAP standard behavior ? But I believe this is logically incorrect to check the Budget for reversed invoice which should rather post a credit to the WBS Element.

Thanks for any response.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes logically it is incorrect.Since you had transferred all the commitments form fiscal year 2009 to fiscal year 2010 you will surely get the error message of budget exceeded in the year 2010 this is because you PR & PO's is now in the year 2010 not in 2009.So I suggest you to transfer the budget of the year 2009 also OR you can update the current budget available.But then also if do not want the error message,you had to first deactivate the Project budget using T code CJBW & after reversing then activate the Project budget using T code CJBV.

Regards,

Gagan

former_member630135
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Gagan.

I have transferred only the open POs and the PO in Question already had a GR and invoice done in 2009 itself.

Why should the system check 2010 budget when reversing the invoice ?