Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender Adapter Mail Problem

jean-philippe_pain2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

on PI 7.0, i have a scenario MAIL -> PI -> MAIL.

I've configured the sender mail adapter in order to keep attachment and using pop protocol.

When i test, the problem is that everything is green in the CC monitoring but it doesn't take any mail from the mailbox server, still in it. i see 0 mail taken in the CC monitoring.

Since i don't have error messages i don't know how and where to look at ! Do you have some ideas ?

For infos, i've based my configuration with the help of this blog :

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/18/xi-sender-mail-adapter--payloadswapbean--step-by-step

EDIT : For further more informations, i am using a Lotus server for the mail.

Thanks,

Jean-Philippe

Edited by: Jean-Philippe PAIN on Jan 14, 2010 6:08 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

Have you tried to open the link *http://xiserver:port/mdt/amtServlet

• as suggested by Michal? What is the status there? There you can see whether the mail has been received by your mail adapter or not. If not, then check with your POP server and ports again. Look whether you have the POP port opened bi-directionally for your PI server.

Regards,

Sugata

jean-philippe_pain2
Participant
0 Kudos

For me, this link is useful when you are using XI 3.0, not PI 7.0 because Mail adapter Monitoring is part of Channel Monitoring now.

And what i see in it is :

0 action(s) taken

0 new messages found

I've already use sender adapter mail with lotus mail server and i've got no problems before. The only thing i've noticed some time ago if that it seems that the user/pwd "manage" which BAL will be read

Edited by: Jean-Philippe PAIN on Jan 14, 2010 6:20 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

are the mails you want to fetch of status "unread"? If they have status "read", then the mail adapter don't take them.

Alex

jean-philippe_pain2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are at status "unread" unfortunately.

I have a clue this morning. The admins create 3 different mailbox for me but with the same lotus ID(account). I think the problem comes from that.

For PI, maybe you must have 1 mailbox = 1 account, and if you have 2 mailbox, it's 2 accounts, no ?

Someone got an opinion on that ?

Thanks,

Jean-Philippe

jean-philippe_pain2
Participant
0 Kudos

Problem solved. it came from wrong adress mail given by admins.