Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Directory Retention Practices

former_member160248
Participant
0 Kudos

Experts,

Understanding that every company can be different, Can anyone suggest a rule of thumb as to how long COFILES, LOGS, and DATA should be retained within TMS (usr/sap/trans)? Perhaps also speak to the risks associated with each as to what functionality would be lost for any particular transport if any or all related file(s) would be deleted through housekeeping. For example deleting the 'logs' would remove the ability to view individual step details.

Thanks,

Kind Regards,

David Carr

Basis Administrator

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This may help you [http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Basis/DeletionofOld+Transports]

former_member160248
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Manoj for the link. It provided some very useful insights. Perhaps I am overly cautious and I am also trying to anticipate audit questions. Currently the only thing I can think of by deleting all files related to a specific transport would be the subsequent ability to import the transport into another system. Not much of a risk if the transport is 3 years old. Am I missing something?

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may want to take the separate filesystem level backup of trans directory. This can be used to copy and add requests manually if you need to import in any other systems.