cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valuation class of material master to be changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My master data team has insereted a wrong valuation class in the material master record. Purchase order has been raised and a GR has been done for the same. SAP gives following steps to change the valuation class:

The valuation class cannot be changed, choose 'Display error'

Message no. M3368

"Diagnosis

You wanted to change the valuation class. However, this is not possible because one or more of the following already exist for the material:

Valuated stocks in the current period or in the previous period

Open purchase orders or delivery schedule lines

Production orders for which a goods movement has already taken place

System response

Your change is reset by the system.

Procedure

If valuated stocks already exist, you can change the valuation class only as follows:

a) Post the stocks of the material to an interim account.

b) Change the valuation class in the material master record.

c) Post the stocks of the material back to their original account.

If open purchase orders already exist, you can only change the valuation class if you first flag the corresponding purchase order items for deletion.

If production orders exist for which a goods movement has already taken place, you can only change the valuation class if you first set the status of the production orders to Deleted."

My question is how do I post the stocks to an interim account since stock accounts are configured to post automatically?

If anyone knows how to manage the posting, please let me know.

Thanks

Keyur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dominic_holdstock
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make the movement with a movement type in MIGO that posts to the same account in FI for all Valuation classes.

After changing the Val. CLass then reverse the above movement.

Kind regards

Answers (0)