Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

want to download to excel file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have more than one lakh entries in agr_1252 table would like to download it to excel file,can any one tell me how to do this.and my excel file does not have that much capacity.

thnx

7 REPLIES 7

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Firstly, lakh is not an English word but I guessed you meant a number so I googled it. More than a hundred thousand records hah? And no Excel 2007?

Can you tell us why you want a download of the entire table? What do you intend to do with the information? If we know that we may be able to help you out. Stretching Excel's capabilities isn't an option I'm afraid.

0 Kudos

Hi,

there is an 4.6 to ecc upgrade is going on..so in the process we are taking a backup of the data that is there in the tables.

so i am not in able to download it to excel file as it has more than 100000 entries.is there any solution for this..

regards

krithika

0 Kudos

Why not save it as a txt file or csv? You can then open it with Excel 2015 or whatever, if ever.

Hey, another cool idea: Taking a backup of the whole DB might be a good idea! POssibly even once a week!

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

how would buying some stationery and noting them down be??? work for everyone ....................

come on, even i seem to be have taken up by the general banter, let me get serious

Does someone give me Mr.Gates contact IID, please? I need to talk to him

0 Kudos

>

>is there any solution for this..

> krithika

Use Access, not Excel. Job done

0 Kudos

Hello Krithika,

You can try to creating a single excel file with multiple sheets? I have never done this before myself, but I think it is possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krithika,

Why dont you download into txt/unformatted file and import into MS Access DB. This is how I have worked around limitations of Excel.

Thanks,

Matt