cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection to central SLD through out the landscape.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Basis gurus,

We have installed ERP 6.0, XI, EP, BI 7.0 systems, we decided to configure central SLD in the XI system.

EP, BI systems are configured with SLD a local configuration. we need to connect them to central SLD which is there in the XI system.

I would be greatful to you , if you can provide any guidance how to connect local SLDs which is there in BI, EP to the XI SLD.

Thanks and Regards

Purna.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Purna

The difference between SLDDSUSER & SLDAPIUSER - is just a naming convention used to signify the intended useage of the user

SLDDSUSER is the default username for the RFC user used by data suppliers to register their landscape information in the SLD

SLDAPIUSER is the default username for the RFC user used by ABAP clients to interact with SLD

- for example to locate a target system or retrieve a list of systems

Best wishes

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer my document also from page 65.

This will help you.

RZ70.

http://www.sapdb.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/XI-Installation-ABAP-and-JAVA.pdf

Regards,

Chetan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

ThanQ very much for your answers.

I could able to connect EP to XI SLD using VA> server0> SLD Data supplier.

I still have some more question

1. in VA i could able to use only SLDDSUSER for EP , where it is needed to use the user SLDAPIUSER?

2. what is the difference between SLDDSUSER & SLDAPIUSER?

3. For ABAP i have connected to central SLD using RZ70 , is that enough?

Requesting you to please help me for the above

Thanks and Regards

Purna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Purna,

Question1 & 2 - Technically there is no difference between SDLAPIUSER and SLDDSUSER.

Question 3 - It is enough for ABAP to enter in RZ70.

Cheers....,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the ABAP backend systems go to RZ70 and specify the Host and Service of the PI system in the section SLD Bridge

Once done your schedule the Data collection using the execute button

For the JAVA part

Open Visual Admin from the backend systems

Go to Server0->Services->SLD Datasupplier

You supplied all the required info like "Hostname " portname etc.

After giving all this information , try to initiate a Data transfer using the icon there(above the runtime tab) its like a arrow pointing downwards.

After clicking on that icon wait for sometime and see whether you get the message "Data transfered sucessfully"

Gerard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vamshi, Gerard,

Thank you very much for your response.

From this i understood that , i do not have to reinstall EP, BI to reconnect central SLD ( XI) using sapinst

isn't it? Please confirm

I am in search of suitable documents, hope i will find one good one..:)

Thanks and Regards

Purna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can configure the EP,BI and other systems as data suppliers to your central sld pi system.

For ABAP stack just go to RZ70 and maintain your central sld host name and port. For JAVA systems go to sld-->administration and configure the data suppliers.

Just do a search in SDN you will get lot of documents for this.

Regards,

Vamshi.