cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing XML node values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For some queries of mine (those with joins and foreign keys) the sql_XXX.Result shows me "---" and "NA" at some nodes. To remove this I have been built another XML Document and using the Repeat Action to changing this value to "".

It works very well for me, but I would like to know if there is a way to change this directly on sql_XXX.Result before linking with the Output parameter of transaction.

Thank you in advance,

Nuno Cunha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you are describing is how MII conveys null values from the database inside the XML results (which is essentially a structured string). The dashes are for string fields, NA is for numerical columns, and TimeUnavailable will be for datetime fields.

This is expected behavior and should be consistent for the corresponding data types. If you prefer to have an empty node then I would recommend using the case statement in your SQL query template to check for the IS NULL situation and adjust accordingly.

The applets will work in conjunction with the null representations in the data, so a lot of you decision relates to the end result from a UI perspective, but dealing with nulls at the query level will be way more efficient than some repeater loop and replace mechanism in your TRX.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

I will change my querie the way you comment. It is really much more efficient than what I am doing now.

Thank you very much,

Nuno Cunha