cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to have 2 IL created for a single GR?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a customized solution where we require a customized Inspection type to be used for IL creation before the solution will work. It is working fine that way.

But today we have a business requirement wherein we need the system to create IL for us using 01 insp type after GR, while also creating another IL using our customized insp type. this means 2 ILs will be created for a single GR.

Is there a way to do it?

If this is not possible, another way I am thinking of is have the system create one IL using 01 insp type first, then after UD of the first 01 IL, a second IL using the customized insp type would be created. something like a "dependent" IL.

I appreciate any inputs on this.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. It is not normally possible.

You might find this thread helpful. Or at least informative.

You could trigger the second IL via the follow-up action but keep in mind that any manually triggered inspection lot is not stock relevant so you wouldn't have any control of the stock in the second inspection lot.

The only way you could have control of the stock is to trigger the move via a material movement creating an 08 inspection type. you would do this by first posting the stock in the first lot. Use the follow-up action to make a stock transfer move to a dummy storage location. Then use a second stock transfer using a custom material movement to move it back to original storage location. Set up the custom movement type to create inspection lots. Use a copy of 411.

You have to do two moves because if you did it with only a single move, the storage location for posting in the UD will be the dummy storage location your posting to, not the SL you really want it in. The second move moves it back to the storage location you really want it in and when the inspection lot is created, the storage location shown will be the orignal one.

The coding might be difficult to make sure you have the right materail and qty but once you get that, it should be straight forward.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Craig. I would definitely consider your suggestions as it is similar to what we have been discussing already internally. Maybe we just needed validation from a known expert such as yourself.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure why the link i pasted didn't go through?

Craig