cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages remain in Scheduled status in message monitoring in RWB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PI experts,

I have got a situation where there are several messages showing in the Scheduled status. I followed the path RWB > Message Monitoring > Adapter Engine > Database (Overview) > Display.

QoS for these messages is EOIO, however there are no messages stuck in the queue. All other channels are running smoothly. Only with this particular channel the messages remain in Scheduled status for a long time.

I am neither able to make out the roor cause nor reprocess/resend these messages. Pleaes help.

Regards,

Dhawal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhawal,

Did you checked SXMB_MONI, for these messages? Are they successfull there or stuck in some queue?

Try to start stop the channels from communication channel monitoring.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Progirl,

There are no messages in Error. All the messages are in Holding status. Any idea how to deal with this situation?

Hi Suraj,

The messages have passed thru the Intergration Engine and stuck at Adapter Engine level. So, I cannot see these messages in SXMB_MONI.

I also tried to stop and start the channel but it was of no use. The messages are still stuck with Holding status.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhawal,

>>The messages have passed thru the Intergration Engine and stuck at Adapter Engine level. So, I cannot see these messages in SXMB_MONI.

You shoudl see them as success then..

>>I also tried to stop and start the channel but it was of no use. The messages are still stuck with Holding status.

ok then check this blog /people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/04/27/how-to-deal-with-stuck-eoio-messages-in-the-xi-30-adapter-framework

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

I already checked exactly the same blog. But as I mentioned earlier, there are not message in the Error status, so I cannot cancel any message. I am not able to find out the message that is blocking all the messages. If I manage to find that message then I hope all Holding messages will be cleared. But currently finding that particular message has become a challenge.

Is there any other reason that may cause this? If there is not message in the error and blocking the queue, how are these messages in Holding status? What is the thing that is holding them to be sent successfully?

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhawal,

Do as mentioned in blog and try to do a search in database rather than database overview (it might some old message)

This the only reason why the messages get into HOLDING status

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

What you said is absolutely correct. However, as I mentioned, the error message was not visible in RWB.

My problem just got resolved. What I did is this,

I followed the link http://<server>:<port>/MessagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp which is SAP Message Display Tool.

Here in EOIO Sequence Monitor I found the error message and it's predecessor. When I resent the erroneous message from here, all subsequent Holding messages got processed.

Thank you everyone for your help. Have a gr8 day...

Best Regards,

Dhawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

What you said is absolutely correct. However, as I mentioned, the error message was not visible in RWB.

My problem just got resolved. What I did is this,

I followed the link http://<server>:<port>/MessagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp which is SAP Message Display Tool.

Here in EOIO Sequence Monitor I found the error message and it's predecessor. When I resent the erroneous message from here, all subsequent Holding messages got processed.

Thank you everyone for your help. Have a gr8 day...

Best Regards,

Dhawal

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check if there were any message which was in error.

Clear that error out.