cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item category in billing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could someone please let me know the main purpose of ite category in billing document. Also, what is the use of having pricing in the delivery document.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Could someone please let me know the main purpose of item category in billing document.

Item category in billing document is for information only

Like Item category in sales order ( T Code VOV7) Item category in delivery ( T code ZERO VLP) the Item category in billing document doesnot have any control functions

Upto billing Item category has control functions but not in billing or after billing

what is the use of having pricing in the delivery document.

There can be some scenarios where a freight cost is calculated from delivery document not in sales order

For such scenarios we configure a PP with additional condition types and assign in the delivery doc type so that at delivery we get price

What i have said is one vague example like that there can be different requirements to be picked in delivery

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could someone please let me know the main purpose of ite category in billing document.

>>> Item categories decides HOW this document shoul be behave, it means simly item categories controlls the documents

Also, what is the use of having pricing in the delivery document.

>>> If u want to add frieght charges in std price, means if you already created sales order,but you don't now transportation charges,that will come latter and u want to charge from customer.

Now when you create shipment document for delivery & shipment cost(Transportaion charges),this charges,automatically adds in excisting price, and this will happen only if you have price at delivery level.

Now when you created invoice the frieght condition is automaticlly get adds in excisting price condition.

Kapil

Edited by: Kapildev Farakte on Jan 14, 2010 5:18 PM

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The item category is used to Copy the Item data of Delivery/ Order to Billing, you can check the same in Copy Control. So different item category can be controlled accordingly while copying the data from previous doc.

Delivery normally do not contain the pricing. the pricing maintained in delivery is mainly used for Shipment Documents (freight calculation), and so you can make payment to the vendor for the freight part of pricing. to know more about delivery pricing check the note 154529 and 450000.

Regards

Amitesh Anand