Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Numbers in MIGO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following question.

When i want to make GR for purchase order, in item Serial Numbers tab, you click on glasses.

Then in Serial number selection, why there is a selection option with = in some fields,

eg palnt, storage location etc...

Thank u!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you create serial number for which stock doesn't yet exist, then you should create without stock data (stock type, plant and storage location is blank). The serial number status is AVLB. Then during the goods receipt in MIGO, you enter the serial numbers which are to be received into stock. When you post goods issue, the serial number status is changed to ESTO, and the serial number stock data is filled in with the current stock type, plant and storage location.

Depending on the serial number profile (Transaction OIS2), if you set the stock check flag in customizing (1 = warning, 2 = error), the system will check the stock data of the serial number during a goods movement. If the stock check flag is not set then it doesn't matter what stock location is in the serial number stock data during a movement. However, if the stock check flag is set then the system will validate that the stock data matches the location from which you do the movement.

e.g. if the serial number stock data is 01 (Unrestricted) Plant 1000 SLoc 0001, and you do goods issue with unrestricted stock in Plant 1000 SLoc 0002 and try to enter the serial number you will get an warning or error because of the mismatch of SLoc. Similarly if you try to do a goods receipt and the serial number already has stock data, the system will give warning or error because stock data should be blank for non stock serial numbers.

The glasses function simply takes you to transaction IQ09 to display the list of serial numbers in the system which you can select according to various selection criteria.

Rgds

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

This selection screen is to select existing serial numbers from your SAP system. The select options allow you to filter serial number master records accoriding to their stock data. In this case it is meaningless to use this glasses function as the serial numbers probably don't exist yet in your system. In this case, you just enter the serial numbers in the empty list to create them on posting the GR.

Rgds

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

I nmy occasion sn exist and during theri creation, i have entered their plant and storage location.