Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For LUMF - BOM, Plant field in Sales Order should be editable for TAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have the following requirement.

Requirement...

TheComponent level BOM (LUMF) should be exploded in sales order with one by default plant when iI enter the main component in Sales order but if I want to change the plant of main item manually system should allow me in order change mode. And this changed plant to be determined automatically for all the components of that BOM.

As we know if we maintain the BOM at component level we will use the Itm Catg Grp "LUMF" so the pricing will be determined on the component level.

In CS01 we maintain the BOM for a main item. I have followed the same process in CS01 by entering Main Item material, Plant and BOM usage (5). whenever i enter the main item in sales order it explodes correctly with components, quantity and Plant.

The Plant field for main item (TAP itm Catg) becomes gray. But now my query is that if I want to change the plant of main item system is not allowing me as I have created BOM for a specific Plant. Same Bom I have maintained with other plants also

I know that We have one more option in CS01 like we can create a BOM without entering Plant also. But before I doing it for trial and error I want to know whether it will work for my latest requirement.

And what is the Group BOM ? how to use it? will it be helpful me in this requirement?

Please help me for the issue, I need to configure it as soon as possible.

regards,

Vojas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Extend all (Main item & components) in another plant,

Create same BOM for in second plant.

It will work,it will not give you problems.

Group BoM - Not speciefic to plant

Use

If you assign a "meaningful" number to a BOM group, this gives you an additional way of accessing the BOM.

The system stores the following under a BOM group:

all the alternatives in a multiple BOM

all the BOMs entered for a variant BOM

Kapil

Edited by: Kapildev Farakte on Jan 14, 2010 5:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kapil,

Thanks for your suggestion i followed it also but yet I am facing the same problem.

I did as follows

I extended the Main item and components to the different plants.

And also created the same BOM for different plants in CS01.

After doing this if I create a Sales order and enter the Main Item with quantity system asks me for the Plant to explore the BOM, as i enter a plant BOM get explodes and the plant for main item becomes gray which i dont want. Any how I want the this plant field for main item in editable mode.

Let me explain my requirement in short

I maintain the LUMF BOM (Pricing at component level) .

once I enter the BOM material with quantity system should explode the bom with one plant by default. and in change mode of sales order the Plant for main item should be editable instead of gray mode. Becoz decision can be changed later on the delivering plant location.

Please suggest me. Its a high priority issue for me.

regards,

Vojas