Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Technical Information in F1 help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a typical requirement. Our client doen't want the technical information icon in F1 help for end users as per security requirement. Some users are having access to se16. so we want to disable those low level information to end users.

Is there any authorization object for it? We want to restrict that to only end users.

Any Help will be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What version are you on? I think S_DEVELOP with ACTVT 03 is needed to view technical information.

Besides that I think you should tell your client that hiding information from users has nothing to do with security. They can obtain it through other ways, like these forums. Better see if you can tighten security on the SE16 side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps you are refering to the option to jump into SPRO menus from the Technical Information?

There, the system still makes the correct checks to actually do something in the transaction. You already were in the table (field...) anyway, and if the user has access to SE16... then the switch to SM30 is not a "big thing" ...

Cheers,

Julius