cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rfx and auctions ,bidder can not receive the bid invitation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert

After publishing the RFX I logon on with the bidder user who has been assigned the bidder role (Rfx and auctions).

But no erfx exists .

Do I miss some config steps ?

Thanks a lot !

Regards,

Lilian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the RFX status? If it is awaiting approval status, the bidder can not see it yet.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

The status is Publish .

Are there any special roles I need to assign to the bidder besiders /SAPSRM/SUS_BIDDER and /SAPSRM/BIDDER ?

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please logon as SRM Administrator and make sure you can see the bidder in the Business Partner:Bidder POWL.

If the bidder is not listed, please create new bidder.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mara,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply .

I just checked the Bidder powl .It is there .

I tried to add all the roles to the contact person .The bidder invitation shows.

But I do not know which role shoud be ..

When I created the supplier as a bidder and assign a contact person .BP wer created for both the supplier and the contact person .But the portal user was not created .

I went to create the portal user mannualy with the same userID .

Is the steps correct ?

Now I am confused with the relationship among portal user and SRM user and the contact person ..

Would you please give some hints ?

Thanks a lot !

Regard,

Lilian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to add all the roles to the contact person .The bidder invitation shows.

But I do not know which role shoud be ..

The contact person of a bidding company should be assigned the portal role of "RFx Respondent" in order to process RFx and Auctions.

When I created the supplier as a bidder and assign a contact person .BP wer created for both the supplier and the contact person .But the portal user was not created .

I went to create the portal user mannualy with the same userID .

Is the steps correct ?

This would be one way. Yes.

Now I am confused with the relationship among portal user and SRM user and the contact person ..

Contact Person is a BP type that is usually associated with a company. It represents individuals (i.e. employees) of a company. You could create one via BP in SRM and assign proper SRM roles to him/her so that he/she could perform SRM activites, most likely bidding against RFx and Auctions. As SRM 7 requires enterprise portal as the entry point for user interaction, the contact person then would be required to log on to portal to access any inviting RFx/Auction. For this, he/she would need to be able to log in to portal. And with proper portal roles, he/she would be able to navigate to the desired RFx/Auction. The actions he/she then performs, such as displaying RFx or creating responses would be then operated across system boundary to the SRM system via remote calls. Hopefully with proper SRM/Portal integration, the Single Sign On (between portal and SRM) works so that the user doesn't need to sign on to SRM during the process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay ,

Thanks a lot !

It is so helpful !

Regards,

Lilian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

I read about your solution to Lillian_1 in SDN forum and hope you can help me too...

I am in a different situation. I am dealing with a purchasing organization which is a monopoly so all active suppliers have to get access to all the active RFx'es

My problem is that the buyer creates RFx'es now with the present set of bidders

and with starting date in the future (a month or two) then he PUBLISH the RFx now

In the mean time - until starting date - some new bidders have been created and will not be part of the connected bidders

Do you have an answer/solution for that?

My solution could be to put in some development when creating a new contact person for the supplier and press SAVE.

and if every thing is okay, then call this new FuncMod or whatever to update all the active RFx's with the new supplier.

can you please help me, where to put this development?

Answers (0)