cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC communication channel Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a JDBC to File scenario. Message is not generating and not comming in SXMB_MONI.

When i check in the Communication Channel monitoring, its in green color and status is "Functioning", But Explanation is "Processing started" nothing happens after this. No Message ID is created there.

When intentionally I am trying to put soem query syntax error in the JDBC sender adapter, it is still functioning , it does not come up with error.

I assume, communication channel is locked , i am not sure how to Unlock it.

Can somebody help me on this? Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this thread for unlocking the adapter:

Alternately you can also check: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1083488

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for your reply.

all the solutions proposed by you are for PI7.0, i am working in PI 7.1. Can you please suggest some thing for PI 7.1??

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Login to NWA --> Operation Management --> Systems --> Start & Stop --> JAVA EE Services --> check for JDBC Connector, Locking Adapter and XPI Adapter: JDBC ......this should tell you the status.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for your reply. I unlocked it as you mentioned but the behavior is still same "processing Started"

For troble shooting I creted a new channel , it gave some error in the start , i resolved that syntax error, after this, it also giving "Processing started".

Now intentionally i am putting that syntax error so that it should response back back with the error message, but status is "Processing Started" this show that channel is getting locked .....

I am not sure...where else I can unlock it. Please reply back.

Thanks

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka

Please check your select query and update query and confirm that both the queries are correct they should not go into infinite loop.

check whether data is available or not in your database.

Check how much records you are fetching, if the records are huge then it will take time or might be not supporting that much load thats why JDBC is getting locked.

Regards

Dheeraj Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

I have two doubts here,:

1. I just have read access to the database. Becuase it is only read , I may not be able to update teh query. Can that be the reason for going in indefinite loop?

2. In Sender data type i have not included all the table columns, i am just mentioning teh once which i am fetching in slect query. Is it fine??

Kindly reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Priyanka

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Becuase it is only read , I may not be able to update teh query

Read access is fine when we use Sender JDBC channel....we just need to select and not insert (as in receiver jdbc).

Just ensure that there is new data present in the table so that the channel will pick it up. If there exists some data that has been already picked by the channel then again the same wont be selected.......everytime the channel searches for noew entry in the table to be picked.

2. In Sender data type i have not included all the table columns, i am just mentioning teh once which i am fetching in slect 
query. Is it fine??

Yes it should be fine.....mention only those columns which you want to pick....the final query can be like SELECT Col1, Col2 FROM TableX .... even if the table has col3 also.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for your response.

In sender channel I am mentioning Select as well as Update query. My requirment is just to read the data, but as Update SQL statement is mendatory in the adapter , I needed to fill it with some statement.

I am trying to update a field with default value. Now as the updtae is available so may be adapter is trying to do so ..... Please suggest.

Is there any way to avoid this Update Statement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Other than Communication monitoring where else i can check the adapter log. Basically, i want to check the flow inside adapter. Till where it reaches?

Any suggestions.

former_member185881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka

1. I just have read access to the database. Becuase it is only read , I may not be able to update teh query. Can that be the reason for going in indefinite loop?

If your XI dont have access to update the field then there is a problem.

See here in channel if you select some records then doesn't matter if you have read only rights but to update a field then you must have write permission too. I believe this is your problem just try to take write permission and then check.

Regards

Dheeraj Kumar