SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristics Profile assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have assigned a characteristic profile to an already existing Merchandise category. Is there any way for the characteristics profile to appear on an existing Article assigned to that Merchandise category? Also how can i do a mass assignment of single characteristics profile to all the merchandise categories in my system?

-Aditi.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even after assigning your charateristic profile to Merchandise Category you will not be able to see the characteristic in the existing single articles. This is because when this article was created it was created as a single article not a Generic article.

If you want to assign certain characteristics to a single article, you can assign the Characteristics directly to Merchandise category. The characteristics will then be available to use in the existing article. Goto Article change, Basic Data screen, you will be able to enter the value of the characteristic you just assigned to the Merchandise category.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Barry

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Mass Maintainence, assign the Characteristics/Characteristics Profile to the highest node of Merchandise Category Hierarchy.