cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import existing application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there!

I want to import an existing application to check out how the NWDI/JDI works. What do I have to do?

The application is no more under development.

Is it even possible to import an existing application without changing it too much?

cheerz.

gerald

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Gerald!

What kind of application do you want to test NWDI with - Web Dynpro, DDIC, EJB?

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

thank you for the fast answer. Its an Web Dynpro application.

cheerz.

Gerald

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Gerald!

Have a look at <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/42/c8204dd57f136fe10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm">Migrating Local Web Dynpro Projects to the NWDI</a> which describes the steps you have to take.

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Thomas!

This will help me.

cheerz.

Gerald

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi again.

there is a problem importing the existing packages into the new WebDynpro-DC in Step 4.

When I open the Context to copy the package, i only get the option "Delete" not the option "Copy".

Do I have to change any Property of the existing Project?

regards.

Gerald

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Gerald,

I believe you will just have to switch to either the navigator view or package explorer view.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, i was in the wrong view 😕

the problem is solved.

thanks

gerald

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

I followed the tutorial to migrate an existing webdynpro to the nwdi.

Now i have prolems with building the DC.

In the local Project the build runs without errors, but in the DC there are many errors, which are related to some imports which can't be resolved.

Do i have to create a DC for every package i want to use as import?

One of the missing imports is the generated wdp folder of my local project.

any ideas?

regards,

Gerald

UPDATE: I found the Option to include external Jars into my DC Project, this solves half of the import errors.

But the import errors belonging to my generated wdp files still exist!

By comparing the wdp_gen Folders of my local and my DC Project, i found out that in my DC Project gen_wpd Folder only a third of the needed files are existing.

any ideas?

Message was edited by: Gerald Vogel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try a Reload/Repair of your Web Dynpro project in the Web Dynpro perspective, using the Web Dynpro Explorer view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunatly, this didn't help.

The Import Problems are now fixed, i defined my existing local project as necessary for the DC-Project. Not an good solution, but it helps for now.

But still there are Errors because of some WebDynpro-Views in the DC-Project. I think they are related to the Problem with the missing generated files.

eG. the dataset-propertiy of a table in a view causes errors. I will post the correct error description as soon as possible.

regards,

Gerald

Here are the some of the error descriptions:

<i>Error Table SubstitutionsTable [dataSource]: Context element and property are not compatible SPAdoptSubstitutionView.wdview

Error CheckBox Active [checked]: UIElementEvent not valid SPAddSubstituteView.wdview

Error CheckBox active_editor [checked]: UIElementProperty not valid SPAdoptSubstitutionView.wdview</i>

Message was edited by: Gerald Vogel