cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference Data Ports

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an ECC remote system set up and running fine in MDM. I created another remote system, but don't want to manually create all of the LT_ reference data ports. Is there a way to copy (and then edit) them or some way to import them with some automation?

Thanks,

Keith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

the copy of a remote system requires some more steps than copying the ports only. Each Import and Syndication port consists of a remote system specific map, too. So the steps are:

1) Create a new remote system

2) Import all Import and Syndication maps for the new remote system

3) Create the ports

Unfortunately there is no button that is doing this job automatically (I'd like to have one, too)...

If you are on MDM 7.1, you could try the following:

1) Export the repository schema using the Transport mechanism in Console.

2) Open the XML in any XML editor (e.g. XML Spy)

3) Locate the remote system you want to copy.

4) Copy and add the "new" remote system to the schema XML

5) In the "new" remote system, adjust all occurances of the remote system code and name to the desired new values. Check the XML elements:

- RemoteSystem, attribute code

- Name

- InboundPort: attribute importMap consists of the remote system code and the actual import map name

- InboundPort -> Name: the SAP standard content carries the system type (e.g. ERP) as part of the port name; you have to change this as the port name must be unique!

- OutboundPort: attribute syndicatorMap consists of the remote system code and the actual syndicator map name

- InboundPort -> Name: the SAP standard content carries the system type (e.g. ERP) as part of the port name; you have to change this as the port name must be unique!

- SyndicatorMap -> Map -> RemoteSystems -> Item: attribute agency_code contains the remote system code

Ensure that the remote system code is always the same!

6) Locate the portSequence attribute of the Repository element. Add your new ports accordingly.

7) Save the XML.

😎 Import the schema XML to your repository using the transport mechanism in Console. You should see your new remote system including all items (maps, ports). Check the import result carefully and accept the changes.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for replying. We are on version 5.5.

So to be able to get reference data from a second ECC system, I have to manually go into Import Manager and export every LT map and then import them under my new remote system. Then I have to manually create an LT port for each of them. Is this true? I want to be sure before I start doing all this work.

Thanks again

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

yes, that is true. Import Maps are stored (on data base level) for a specific remote system. So if you create a new remote system and run Import Manager, you won't see any existing maps. Another option could be to do some SQL magic directly on the database. All maps are stored in A2i_CM_ImportExportMaps.

Best regards

Michael

Answers (0)