cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII UI Development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does MII support JSP/Servlets? Does MII officially support basic UI constructs of a typical J2EE web app like JSP/Servlets, etc?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Being a J2EE developer I had exactly the same question. There are rough equivalents.

With MII the equivalent of a jsp is a irpt.

The equivalent of the <% %> server side code blocks would be the SERVLET tag in the irpt. The SERVLET will call a MII server side BLS query. The query may call a BLS transaction. Then if you use xsl in the SERVLET tag to transform the xml output from the query you can create dynamic HTML.

So, the basic difference between MII irpt and jsp is that the logic that would go in a jsp code block on the page is done in BLS and xsl.

At least that is how I am accomplishing it. And I am able to accomplish a fully functional application. dynamic data, css, jquery, ajax, and all that good stuff.

--Best wishes

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, but it is really NetWeaver's Web Application Server moreso than MII since the jsp processing is done by the app server.

Menu.jsp (and the other config pages from the menu) should also help you see this

MII APPLETS will work in a jsp page since they don't get rendered or impacted until the client gets them for processing by the brower JRE.

MII web pages with IRPT extension allow for other server side <SERVLET/> processing like the Illuminator, ChartServlet, etc. as well as localization using the {##TOKEN} convention.