SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone using PBF 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to install PBF 7.1 but am unable to download it. The latest version was released in November 2009. Has anyone been able to successfully download PBF7.1 from the SAP Service Marketplace? If yes, can you provide the path you used to get to the download page?

We have started a project to build a new budgeting system using the templates and tools provided in the PBF package. My sandboxes are ready, but I can't seem to obtain the software. I am able to download PBF 7.0, but do not want to go through an upgrade half way through the project when PBF 7.1 is generally available.

Thanks for your help,

Bob Beckman

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I found out the link is missing because my company must sign a new appendix to our original SAP agreement before we are given access to Public Budget Formulation 7.1. Since PBF7.1 has a different material number, it seems it is being treated as a new product, not an upgrade of PBF7.0. Once we have access, I will post the location to the download.

Does anyone have access to PBF7.1 yet?

Edited by: Robert Beckman on Jan 14, 2010 9:44 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Can you please post the details, if you have them.

We are planning for PBF implementation too.

Thanks,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I don't have any details yet. We are in the process of reviewing the new appendix SAP asked us to sign before they give us access to PBF 7.1. I am hoping to have access to the new software in another two weeks. As soon as I know the location, I will post the details. However, if you haven't signed the new agreement with SAP, you probably won't have access.

Just curious, which agency are you working for or representing? My agency, the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago, started this project in December, so we are not to far along yet.

Robert

0 Kudos

Thanks Robert. Please share, when you have the solution.

We are still at discussions levels on how to implement and the good news is, budget was sanctioned. so it will soon kick off and meanwhile, am trying to do my home work and am working for university of cincinnati. do you mind sharing your contact details. so that we can get in touch very easily instead of extending the discussion here in forum.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I do not have access to the PBF7.1 software yet, but I found some PBF7.1 documentation in the service marketplace. You will need to login into the service marketplace.

goto:

http://service.sap.com/instguides

In the top level and 2nd level navigation goto:

Release and Upgrade info -> Installation and Upgrade Guides ->

In the detailed navigation menu on the left side of the screen goto:

Installation and upgrade guides -> Focused Business Solutions ->SAP Public Budget Formulation ->SAP Public Budget Formulation 7.1

You should find the following PBF7.1 documentation:

OPERATIONS GUIDE

Security Guide

Component Installation Guide

Master Guide

Upgrade Guide

Here's a link to the PBF7.1 help documentation :

SAP LIBRARY:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_pbf71/helpdata/EN/PBF_index.htm

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Robert, for sharing all this info.

Best Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was able to download the PBF 7.1 software today. Here is the path I used once I was logged into the SAP Service Marketplace Support portal:

Downloads

SAP Software Distribution Center

Download

Installations and Upgrades

Installations and Upgrades - Entry by Application Group

SAP Industry-specific Components

SAP PUBLIC BUDGET

SAP PUBLIC BUDGET 7.1

There are two files available for downloading:

Download Object # 50097732 SAP Public Budget Formulation 7.1 Online Documentation

Download Object # 51037504 SAP Public Budget Formulation 7.1 Installation / Upgrade

In addition, here's an answer to the original question I asked, "Is anyone using PBF7.1?";. San Diego held a webcast about PBF on 1/26/2010 (the webcast can be viewed here: http://www.sap.com/community/events/2010_02_02_SBC/index.epx). The following list of 2009 recent PBF licensees was provided during the webcast:

Amtrak

City of San Antonio

City of San Diego

City of Toronto

Fairfax County

Fairfax County Schools

Los Angeles Community College District

Marin County Water

Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago

State of Louisiana

State of South Carolina

South Florida Water Management

Texas State University

University of Cincinnati

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Awesome Robert. Thanks a tonne for sharing all this info.

Do you mind sharing your contact details.

Thanks once again...

Kiran

0 Kudos

Hi Robert, Thanks for posting this information this is great..

Itu2019s amazing that I couldnu2019t find anything on the Support Portal, Even using the search for u201CPublic Budget Formulationu201D with no luck..

I work for the County of San Luis Obispo CA, We are currently looking to purchase the Public Budget Formulation.

Iu2019m currently attempting to estimate the system requirements needed to install and run PBF. We currently have ECC6 and NetWeaver 7.0 High Availability Clusters installed in PRD and QA layers with a non-cluster install in DEV.

Have you finished your install of PBF?

If So, Can I ask what was your storage requirements needed to Install and Run PBF?

Also, are there any pitfalls or things that we should pay close attention to?

Any help would be much appreciated..

Thank you

Steve