Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting ESR / ID components over the same SLD config

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm facing a situation where a client has 3 distinct SLD and, in each one there's the same Business System.

i.e:

SLD DEV -> BS_A1

SLD QAS -> BS_A1

SLD PRD -> BS_A1

My question is, if we transport the design and configuration objects from one scenario to another (DEV to QAS, for instance), will they identify the different BS and run fine, or will they fail?

Thanks a lot,

Rafael Vieira.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create transport target for each business system, then after transport it will work fine.

thanks and Regards,

phani

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for your answer.

But, once there are more than one SLD, how and where should I define the BS groups?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael

The only way to know for sure is to do a test - between non-PRD critical systems DEV and QAS - or in a completely different non-PRD critical landscape with the same landscape - always back-up SLD contents before attempting this- ideally a full back-up and a export ALL as well as and individual exports files of each type LD, CR etc will ensure the SLD can be re-built irrespective of the any issues faced.

There are 2 potential issues as I see it

1) If the data source of each BS is different in each SLD or some of the business systems data is different in each SLD

there is always the possibility it may not matched or found by CTS

2) The business system and scenario may have some source specific definitions - these should be adapted in the target

environment to ensure it works

Best wishes

Stuart

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael,

design transport is affected by Business Systems.

configuration could become tricky: If you transport from PI Dev to PI QAS then the PI QAS looks in the corresponding SLD for a transport target.

So, what you at least need to do:

1. Create a new Business System for BS_AI, for example BS_A1_Q at SLD QAS and assign it to integration Server PI QAS.

2. Maintain this as transport target of existing system BS_A1

3. Synchronize with productive SLD

4. Create at prod SLD a new BS BS_A1_P

5. Maintain this as transport target of existing system BS_A1_Q

Regards,

Udo

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I understood.

However, the point is, when using the same BS already created with the same name in 3 distincts SLD.

I agree with you that using an identification in the name of each one, and creating target transports the problem is solved but my question is, when you have created in SLD DEV, SLD QA and SLD PRD the same BS_A1 and you're going to transport Design and Configuration objects from DEV to QA (for example), will these objects recognize the same BS (and technical system, product, etc) created (once they have the same name and same features) and works fine?

Thanks again,

Rafael Vieira.