Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation and Printing Of Reports

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

HI ,

I have a scanario where i have to create some complex reports out of a web dynpro appln. The Report format is not that simple ..I mean it has got various subgroupings/subsections and sub toals...

I think these type of reports cannot be shown in the Table UI and i also have requirement of printing these reports...

Can anyone please suggest a feasible solution of creating these reports..I mean which UI to use and how to go abut the printing of these reports.

Regards

Nilesh Taunk.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

reports and printing are nice topics... with no easy solution (at least when talking about WebDynpro on Java, with WebDynpro on ABAP I do not know...).

WebDynpro itself is simply not designed as a "report-builder", you should create clearly structured and more or less "small screens"...

And with view of "printing", your problems become even bigger, because there is no "Standard-Support" for printing WebDynpros. You have to find your own way, either by creating "Print-optimized-HTML-Pages", or by using a "reportBuilder-Tool", or whatever...

If you want to/have to work with SAP-technologies, in my view you should spend your time in investigating the topic "PDF-Interactive-Forms".

The way to your first running examples may be hard, but with interactive Forms you can create more complex Reports, and you can print them... It may be exactly what you need.

Josef

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Josef,

Thanks for the reply . As of now even i can think of Only Interactive forms as a solution for printing complex reports...

Has does anyone have some other solution.

regards

Nilesh Taunk.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

In Web Dynpro ABAP (and coming to Java in the next major release of Netweaver) we have the ALV component. This is very similar to the classic ABAP ALV control. It is quite nice for creating reports with lots of user manipulation abilities (build in reordering of columns, sorting, filtering, etc). It also prints quite nice because it passes through the Adobe Document Services layer for good formatting of the output instead of printing the HTML version from the browser.

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas ,

Can we use tables UI in Web Dynpro for java for rendering these type of reports , can we use nested tables.

regards

Nilesh Taunk.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I may much better versed in Web Dynpro ABAP then Java, but I do believe that their implementation of the standard table UI is very similar. Even with Pop-ins, nested tables would be complicated to create. Also the table control (which generally has scrolling controls to only show a subset of the data at a time) isn't well suited to printing (also you have normal printing problems with browser based printing).

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I got a solution to my problem , what i am planing to do is to create a Word Document through WordML and show the contents of my report into that and it can be printed easily and give an option to the user to either view it or save it to his machine.

regards

Nilesh Taunk.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi can anyone please provide me with a solution