Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOE2

sbuttler77
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

we have an scenario where 2 (intercompany) customers are using the same supplier number to identify us as a vendor.

With only one of them doing EDI with us we've been using VOE2 to determine the customer number from the IDoc's

<E1EDKA1 SEGMENT="1">

<PARVW>LF</PARVW>

<PARTN>0000018794</PARTN>

Now, with two customers using 0000018794 the VOE2 settings no longer work reliably.

The sending system is a SAP system as well. Is there any way they can use the field "Account with Vendor" in their master data to specify our customer number?

I tried adding the customer number in LIFNR but this doesn't work.

<E1EDKA1 SEGMENT="1">

<PARVW>LF</PARVW>

<PARTN>0000018794</PARTN>

<LIFNR>144001>/LIFNR>

Is there any other combination to make this work?

Regards,

Sven

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if you're talking about sales orders (and it's user exits) they are pretty elegant for me

at least there is many of them and well known - which is elegant in case of dev

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

>>>The sending system is a SAP system as well. Is there any way they can use the field "Account with Vendor" in their master data to specify our customer number?

I guess you'd need a 5-10 lines of code in one of the exits if you're talking about sales order processing for example

so relatively pretty easy

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

sbuttler77
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, Michal.

I know there's probably ways to add this functionality to a user exit but I thought there're might be a more elegant way to achieve the same thing, e.g.

<E1EDKA1 SEGMENT="1">

<PARVW>AG</PARVW>

<PARTN>123</PARTN> <- 123 being the customer number in the target system.

or any other combination

I know you can specify the sales org data in E1EDK14 (org, channel, division) so there must be some way for the sending system to pass on the partner numbers as well in case you can't use VOE2 to do the translation for you.

Regards,

Sven